Through the Asian Tales & Enrichment Program, participants will gain a greater understanding and appreciation of Asian heritage and traditions. Each class will consist of an Asian theme tale or activity conducted by the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Asian Pacific Islander Student Union (APISU) members, followed by an activity of arts, crafts, or game. Each class is 1 1/2 hours.
Session 1a July 7, 8, 9, 10
Session 2a July 21, 22, 23, 24
Session 3a August 4, 5, 6, 7
Session 1b July 14, 15, 16, 17
Session 2b July 28, 29, 30, 31
Session 3b August 11, 12, 13, 14
1. Participant age 4-8 years old must be accompanied by an adult 21 years and older; 9-13 years old need signed waiver.
2. Place: Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
3. Time 10:00 am – 11:30am
4. Children can bring their favorite stuff animal to class. Quilted mats are provided for children to sit or lie down during story time. Parents can join their children on the mats or sit in chairs.
5. Registration Fees:
- $70.00 per student, per session for (4) classes (to help offset the cost of supplies), prepaid; no refunds for unattended sessions. Full refund on cancellation requested before first session.
- $20.00 per student drop-in.
- Cash or check payable to Golden Lotus Foundation.
6. No charge for parents accompanying participants. An adult 21 years or older needs to sign Liability and Photo Release form for each student.
7. Limited number of scholarships available by submitting a paragraph explaining need. Please submit your request through email at email@example.com, or mail to Golden Lotus Foundation, 4645 Star Ranch Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. Please allow 2 weeks for reply, state the Session(s) desired to attend.
Offering this enrichment program relies on a minimum number of (5) students participating.
Please contact Jennifer Huang, Director with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org, 719.231.0911 mobile.